Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Which Bible Verse Prompts and Guides You to Serve Others?


A lot of the time, poverty is something that many simply look in the face, yet never do anything about it. Many feel unable to do what they truly think they should do and so they refuse all aid. Perhaps its something personal either way it's hinder your ability to serve others. When I come face to face with this situation when I think that I can not make the impact I think is required. I turn to the Word. The Bible is filled with people who felt inadequate for the job God called them to do. One of my favorites though is Jeremiah's Call. After reassuring Jeremiah of God's love and knowledge He reassures Jeremiah that He will give him the words, just step out.

When I am asked to speak about missions I love using these verses (5-10) because of their ability to first, reassure oneself that God knows what He's doing, and second, God has called us all to make a different regardless of our excuses. But first, God has this amazing ability to reassure one to keep trusting and to keep walking and to see the amazing things God can do. Lastly, regardless of our many excuses God can use us all. No speech impediment, shyness, or inability to connect well with people can stop one.

One of my missions has been to reach out to kids in poverty. After looking into a great organization Compassion International I realized that I was simply not able financially because I had to pay for college to support a child. But God had given me this passion and desire, and now, I blog for compassion, doing something that I have never been very good at. Writing and expressing feelings. However, God knows what He is doing which is a great thing to know. The ability to be able to spread the news about what Compassion is doing for kids is amazing and I am always so excited to see what God has for this organization in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knoxville, Tennessee

Knoxville, Tennessee