Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#It'sAboutGiving

As we enter the month of Decemeber it is time for Christmas music, Christmas movies, supposedly less stress and more family... Yet looking around it seems that Christmas has gotten so stressful to not only myself but to others I see. Why is this the case? Perhaps, we have lost sight of what Christmas is all about...JESUS. GIVING. So today, I am giving all my readers a gift...my blog! :) Since I have updated it in a while I decided this would be a good step in starting the month of giving in a good way. As a college student I, unfortunately, do not have a lot of money. Actually I'm sure many people in todays economic crisis do not either. So the question is, if it's all about giving than how do I buy gifts? My answer: You make stuff! So the next couple of weeks we will be discuss neat things you can make or do for the people in your life that mean so much. Be creative! One of the most amazing idea's I have ever heard was about a family that got together and combined their money to buy a gift from the Compasson Christmas Gift Catalong, http://www.compassion.com/catalog.htm?referer=128060. They wanted their kids to understand what Christmas was all about. They allowed their child to choose something from it and was able to see how it helped impact someone in another nation. How neat is that! This Christmas season Compassion International is diving head first into this idea and have started a campaign #ItsAboutGiving. Now this campaign will help raise about $20,000 for children in poverty. By buying something as a family or friends than you can help the #ItsAboutGiving campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knoxville, Tennessee

Knoxville, Tennessee