Friday, September 19, 2014

Never Give Up...Excuses, Excuses.


     I haven't been able to blog for while because I couldn't remember my password. I've had the same password for a while now and I couldn't seem to get it right so I just gave up. Gave up trying to blog for almost a month. Today, I decided hey, I should write a blog post.

     I know, I know! Excuses, excuses- this is no way to run a blog. It's true, I admit my failure. However, as I sit here typing this, I begin to think of a similar parallel. In life it's so easy when we make mistakes to just give up trying. We become tired of fighting the good fight.

     There are many reasons individuals simply give up trying, whether its the pain is too much, they don't believe they are good enough, or one that we see over and over again is I'm too tired to fight because things are happening back to back to back.



Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
                                                                        Romans 12:11-12 (NIV) 

     Sometimes that is more difficult than it reads. You could say this over and over again, but to incorporate it into action is an entirely different story. To put this in action requires daily commitment. Daily loyalty in the midst of our busy work schedules, school life, and the social interactions required of us everyday.

      Many of us, including myself, have dealt with this by simply not trying anymore, but this is not what needs to happen. When life knocks us down, when we sinned yet again- when we need to understand perseverance, understand our sinful nature, and believe in a God who gives love and grace. Not an excuse to continue sinning but grace in that moment to say, "get back up and try again."

      So today, I challenge you to get back up and continue trying. Encourage others to do the same, and remember excuses should not represent our lives in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knoxville, Tennessee

Knoxville, Tennessee