Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Friends Keep Knocking At My Door...

So...I tried to quit blogging and as you can see it worked, for a while. Then I had an irresistible urge to express myself.
Life has been hectic and this seems to be the only excuse I can find for not wanting to blog.
I have made a list of five things that is good about blogging, just in case you were wondering what my post was to be about.

TOP REASONS I LIKE TO BLOG....BY ME: 

1) I can rant about whatever I want! Actually, I read for a good blog you shouldn't really rant but sometimes...(I'll leave this unfinished sentence so you can insert whatever you would rant about.) Observations/rants can provide valuable reasons to those interested.

2) A little bee told me it helps improve grammar. I totally agree, unfortunately my grammar is nothing to boast about- but that's what this blog is for. I'm improving for the future.

3) It gives me a reason not to hang out with my more social friends. (Me being an introvert rejoices at this thought.) The conversation sounds like this: Jon says, "Hey, you coming to the party?" "Oh," I say seeming to ponder his question, "I can't, I have this writing assignment thing. Maybe next time." Then, I spend the rest of the evening with hot coco, sour patches, netflix, and of course, this blog.

4) It gives me the opportunity to advocate for something I care about. If you haven't noticed, I am a big advocate for Compassion International. This blog gives me the opportunity to talk about it and the ways people can get involved in are discussed.

5) Finally, it allows me to have my voice heard. A time to become transparent for others to experience my life. This is important in my life. I express myself better in writing anyway. Talking becomes jumbled after a while and the only thing left is pen and paper or type and blog.



Those are the five reasons blogging is good for me. Just in case I need reminding and my audience wants to know. So forgive me and my lack of blogging sense November. This rants is over, grammar improved, my voice is heard, and my friends keep knocking at my door! (I told them about this writing assignment and they laughed...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knoxville, Tennessee

Knoxville, Tennessee